Tuesday, October 02, 2007

today is a new day

today i did something i thought i would never do. I went into the cabinet and poured all my liqour out. It felt great. I flushed my weed and other drugs down the tolilet. I thought about giving it to some friends because i hate to waste drugs but i was like, i'm not supporting anybody's habit.

i woke up this morning and realized, my father was addict, my mother was addict, my grandmother was an addict, my sister was an addict, and i watched it destroy thier lives. It's not going to happen to me.

i'm walking away. shit i'm running. this is my promise to myself. to get better. it really is one day at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peace Brother,

I am glad to hear you moving through your healing process. Thank you for reviewing my book on your blog.

Peace, Health, and Grace,
Herukhuti
Author, Conjuring Black Funk: Notes on Culture, Sexuality, and Spirituality, Volume I
http://www.blackfunk.org/shop/books.html