Tuesday, August 23, 2005

101 in a 1001




For the next three years I can’t even dare to say that I’m bored or have nothing to do with my life. I was up late last night, basically surfing the web and reading weblogs, which have mutated and spread faster than nuclear cockroaches. Anyways, I ran across this website by this kid who’s doing a 101 things in 1001 days. I read through his lists and other webloggers lists, and felt inspired. I was beginning to feel like my life had come to a dramatic halt, that I was in a rut, going out four or five times a week, which meant four five times a week hangovers. I was beginning to feel like that life had gotten boring, that I didn’t want or felt moved by anything until I put my 101 things in a 1001 days list together. On paper, I was reminded that I still had dreams, that there were so many things I still wanted to do, that there was a life out there for me waiting to be re-discovered. I guess suicide will have to be put off another 3 years. I’m going to complete everything on my list. It’s like I’m going on a scavenger hunt for my life.

Spirituality/Health:
attend a gay church
learn more about Buddhism
don’t speak for two days
volunteer
get a physical: liver, heart, kidneys, blood work
stay sober and sexless for 28 days
get dental and health insurance

Sentimental:
look up five old friends in which I’ve lost touch (Terrance Hood, Abraham Graham, Elmira, Niti, or ?)
write fifty poems about love and give to fifty people I love or at least like
own every black gay book published and write a review
make a week long video diary and send it to someone I love
look up an old school teacher and say thank you
buy rounds for everyone at a bar (I hope I’m rich)
write a thank you letter to twenty people I admire

Trips:
go to Las Vegas
visit Italy
visit Paris
visit London
visit Madrid
visit Rome
visit san Antonio
go to Hawaii
visit L.A. and san Francisco visit Miami
see Niagara falls
see the grand canyon
go on a romantic getaway
visit Mexico
visit Chicago
visit New York again
take a cruise


Fantasy:
learn to tap dance
get on a game show
attend a nudist colony
meet Beyonce Knowles
attend an Oprah show
go to a fashion show
attend an award show


Books:
read the bible
read Gabriel García Márquez memoir and a hundred years of solitude in Spanish
read all national book award winners
read all Nobel prize winners

Movies:
To have seen all IMDB top 250 movies
To have seen all AFI top 100 movies
attend a film festival
watch all films that won best picture Oscars
to have seen all IMDB documentary and independent films

Educational:
take the GRE
learn how to kick box
learn sign language
learn enough French to carry a conversation with a five year old
take an official IQ test

Practical:
organize 101 into categories
organize 101 list in dateline
visit a zoo
learn to make a cheesecake
plant a tree
get a tattoo
get camera out of pawn shop
pay Uh their money
buy a laptop
sell the remainder copies of Who is Sean
buy a nice suit
get a picture of my father
get a picture of me as a child
get a pet
go to therapy
go to an AA meeting
get a new cell phone
get a post office box
keep a journal of my 101 in 1001
get business cards
learn to play golf
learn how to play poker again
learn to play chess again
get a massage
whiten my teeth
start a sci-fi movie collection
start a gay themed movie DVD collection
make a will
take professional nude photos of myself
paint my self-portrait
attend a poetry reading and read
throw a dinner party
get a six-pack and take pictures of it
join writers guild
start a birthday tradition
do stand-up
take an acting class
get headshots
re-do ghetto mystery screenplay
start 101 notebook


Work in progress:
apply to graduate school
run a marathon
keep a job for a year
transfer my good c.ds. to my mp3 player
get my bartender’s certificate

Writers block:
finish Gorilla
finish Secretary
finish Temp Insanity
get an literary agent
get a website
start a writers group
attend a writers conference

Misc. :
watch a sunrise
have a erotic party
give a full body erotic massage
ride a horse

No comments: