Thursday, September 27, 2007

Recovery is not going to be so easy


Accept this change, but I still love you. But I’m not going back, but I still love you. You see, I was a fool. I kept trying to figure out my life thinking I could I cheat. How does one cheat their life. How does one cheat their life. I’m the teacher and student. I take the tests and grade myself. But I was a hateful teacher to myself, flunking myself constantly, when I was student knowing that I passed. What the fuck was that about?

Now stop. Yes, I’m angry, because my childhood was fucked up. But that’s not why I’m angry. I’m angry because I’ve been a coward. I’m in therapy about that, me stop being a coward.

Who said our life wouldn’t hurt? There’s so much I want to say. There’s so much I want to do. There’s so much I’ve pretended. What I know for sure, is that I’m not going back to pretending. That got put me in a mental hospital. And now that I feel better, everybody thinks I’m going back to be a happy shiny person. Fuck that. I will never forget. I will never forget the rape. I will never forget the abuse. I will never forget when they told I was nothing. Accept this change, I still love you. But I’m no slave. I got free.

No comments: