Thursday, May 01, 2008

I love me today

I was reading my old blogs and all I have to say is thank god for growth. I sometimes go back and read old diary pages from high school and college and I’m like growing up is a motherfucker. I mean all the insecurity, societal pressure and feeling just lost. Of course each of our processes are different. I had a rough upbringing with the crack addicted the mother and violent criminal father. It was going to take awhile for me to see the light.

But now, I’m so happy to at least to feel like I’m moving in a different direction. I’m secure in the fact my life is changing for the better. It feels good to blog about something positive. But I still hope those who are looking for peace read the old stuff and see change isn’t easy. It takes time. It takes many mistakes. It’s not about being perfect. It’s just about learning to love yourself. I love me today.

No comments: