Saturday, February 17, 2007

Naked Thursday: How I feel about my body this week


I had been meaning to get back to the gym. Its winter and I know it’s hard because most of us want to be inside. I really don’t stress over it. I like my body. I want to make it stronger that’s the only problem. As we get older, we start losing muscle, which for a man is a big issue. For a woman, when she loses muscle it’s usually replaced by fat. When I started losing muscle, it didn’t get replaced by anything which is the reason my body looks thinner. I’ve played sports since I was five years old, soccer for twenty years and when you just stop, that muscle becomes relax. I don’t feel as strong as I did when I was in my early twenties.

I def need to start lifting weights again. I also need to eat better. I have the worse diet. Next week, I’m will introduce greens and vegetable into my diet, even if I can’t stand vegetables. Maybe I will start drinking V8 and actually taking my vitamins.

I know I have the illusion of health, a nice body, but I don't feel strong. I don't just want to look the part, I want feel the part. I know too many skinny people who are very unhealthy and can't walk up a flight a stairs without breathing hard. I often feel as if I'm failing my body.

No comments: